My 2011 effort to become a better photographer in 52 assignments.
Manoj, a cook in our Thai restaurant we visited today to celebrate our 10 years marriage. We did not have much of a talk but I could make him clear I wanted to take a picture of him while he was making food in his kitchen. I show him the camera, pointed him to the kitchen and he sayd “OK” and took me with him in his kitchen.He let me wait a bit but then started to do some real cooking. It was awesome to do and the food was delicious. I think I made a friend and go back to eat there again.
Assignment Number Three: Still Life
January 17, 2011
Posts at Flickr Lighting Essentials Group
Flickr Tag: LE52Weeks-3
Post and comments at Lighting Essentials
This week we tackle a small still life project. Assignment Three / Simple Small Still Life:
- – Photograph something small enough to fit in an 8″x8″ area.
- -Cosmetics, utensils, tools, toys or raw veggies for example.
- – The image will be reproduced as a square on the cover of a brochure.
- – The Layout for the brochure is here: Download the PSD file and insert your image in the layer named “Paste Here” – you can move the image around after you have inserted it. Choose the white or black text that works best with your image.
- – As usual, you will be able to upload to the Flickr site until January 31.
- – You will upload the full image AND the cover comp. (There will be further instructions on how to do that on the Flickr site.)
- – You must keep notes on how long it took you to prepare, get items, shoot and post process.
- – The person should be unknown to you.
- – It can be a street portrait, studio portrait or environmental portrait.
- – The portrait should be simply lit.
- – Tell us a little bit about the person – through the image and the caption.
- – Tell us how you approached and worked with the subject(s) for the project.
End date Jan .24th
Somebody pointed out a nice blog of a street-photographer; http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com Very nice indeed.
I found this photo online, hilarious;
I did not have to think that long. Here is my statement;
I want to shift my focus from technique to creativity and start making visual memories for real people.
The reason I choose this vision is that I have a ton of gear and gadgets but do too much of technical fooling around without getting to the creative side of photography. This is the picture that I think shows my creativity or at least the start of it.
January 3, 2011
What do you want to do photographically? Tell us with a single paragraph what you want to be able to do with your images. Tell us what you do without telling us you are a photographer. Accompany that message with a single image taken around your home. Inside or out, make a photograph that adds insight into the mission statement you will be writing.
Don’t get overly flowery, just write down what you want to do.
End date Jan 17th
This blog is an attempt to become a better photographer. it follows the schedule from Don Giannatti as mentioned on his website http://project52.org
Photo’s will be posted on this blog and on FLIKR. This is the intro from project52
Read more on the project52 website.
http://project52.org The website with the assignments, one assignment per week.
http://www.lighting-essentials.com/ The weblog where you can leave comments about the assignment.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/lighting-essentials/ The Flikr group for your pictures.
http://www.dropbox.com/ Use this if you want to become a premium member.
There is a webcast every Wednesday on VOKL, use the project52.org assignment page to watch.
TCPG Meetup group members who wants to participate:
Get your wordpress.com account here: https://en.wordpress.com/signup/ and send me a message using the TCPG Meetup website.